Snow fall warning for tonight. It’ still Fall but the air certainly had a frosty bite as I walked to the Village for dinner ingredients this afternoon. I hope you’re all keeping healthy both physically and mentally. I was feeling a little off today; I could feel stress arising in my chest. Thoughts of fleeing the civilized world usually come hand in hand with upcoming events I’m not looking forward to. People already talking about cancelling the Holiday’s. I was in need of comfort.
Pasta. Like no other food, pasta always grounds me and makes me feel safe in a world of uncertainty. So although I’d already planned to cook something completely different (and vegan), I scratched that and picked up linguini and cheese. This dish is very easy and it seems to me that some of the tastiest dishes are.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 1/2 lb mushrooms (white and cremini is what I used today)
- linguine pasta
- sea salt and white pepper (or black pepper if you prefer)
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme + 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 burrata cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- dried basil
- powdered garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 and in the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguini. Drain.
- In a baking dish, combine the mushrooms,1/4 cup butter, thyme sprigs, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roast for 35 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until the mushrooms are golden and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon juice and cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until the garlic and pepper become fragrant. Add the rest of the butter and the dried thyme.
- Slowly add the wine and after a couple of minutes, add the parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir the pasta into the sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed. Cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve the pasta in a large bowl and top with the roasted mushrooms and the burrata .
- Sprinkle more parmesan cheese and basil .
We opened a bottle of chilled Prosecco to enjoy with our meal. I feel so much better.
Thanks for joining me tonight. Until next time.