I like making a batch of this cookie dough and keeping it in the fridge for when I’m craving a sweet treat with my tea. I love how easy these are; my kind of baking.
*1 cup oat flour (I just run 1 cup of rolled oats through my food processor or magic bullet to create a powder).
*1 cup rolled oats
* 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teasppon of vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
* 1/2 cup granulated (brown) sugar
*1/4 cup of peanut butter (optional but very recommended, they came out so tasty)
* 2-3 Tablespoons of almond (or other nut) milk. If you’re adding peanut butter, cut milk down to 1 1/2 Tablespoons
* 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( or chopped nuts, dry fruits) . Add as many chocolate chips are your heart desires! that’s my only rule.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl add oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
3. Add almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
5. The dough will be oily and sticky.
6. Take a small portion from the dough and roll to form a small ball then press it with your palms to flatten it and make a circle . Repeat with remaining dough. You will get 14 – 16cookies.
7. Bake at 350 F degrees for 18 – 22 minutes
9. Allow to cool 5 – 10 minutes on the baking pan then place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Store them in an airtight container.
I make 1/2 of the batch and keep the rest in the fridge for another day. The coconut oil will harden in the fridge so when you’re ready to make more, just let the dough thaw on the counter or nuke in the microwave for 20 seconds.
A lovely treat with tea or afternoon coffee. Enjoy!