On Wednesday there was a Full Blood Moon with an Eclipse said to bring changes (including the weather). A storm came in from the Pacific drenching the coast; I never complain about the rain as it’s what keeps our temperate forests lush and green.
I invited my sister over for Tea & Tarot. We hung out in the warm kitchen baking cookies and chatting about future plans. Life is changing, my sister is off to Texas for a few months and will be back in time for the Christmas season. I just got the new packaging for my Flower of Tahiti line (hair and body care) www.FlowerOFTahiti.com and am working on a new product.
We made classic Thumbprint Jam Cookies, they’re good with tea.
Recipe: (we made 16 cookies)
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus 3 tablespoons brown sugar for rolling the cookies
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2.5 Tablsp of all-purpose flour
- Your choice of jam – I used Strawberry, Raspberry and Apricot
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl, using a handheld mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Mix in the eggs yolk, vanilla extract until fully combined, then mix in the flour. The mixture will be a little crumbly at first but should come together when you press it in your hands.
- Using a one-tablespoon cookie scoop or measuring tablespoon, measure out the cookie dough, roll into balls, roll each one in brown/ granulated sugar (optional), then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use your thumb (or the back of a measuring spoon) to press an indentation into each ball of cookie dough. Spoon jam into the indentation in each one.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-18 minutes or until the cookies are set and the bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
NOTE: Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing Instructions: Baked cookies will freeze well for up to 3 months, thaw to room temperature before serving. Cookie dough will also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then roll in sugar and fill with jam right before baking.
We sat with our warm cups of tea and focused our energy on our Tarot reading which came out really clear and accurate.
We even pulled a card for you!
The Emperor is the masculine (Father). He represents protection, decisiveness and stability. This card brings clarity of mind which in turn lead to action and decisions. You stand strong knowing exactly what you need to do. It’s like you can almost see into the future and this helps you move forward with confidence.
Until next time.